About the Village of Silver LakeSilver Lake most likely received its name from the Native Americans in the area because they considered the lake a shimmering pool of water. Later after the railroad arrived in 1886, the community became a summer spot for tourists and had a thriving ice business in the winter months. With electricity the ice business was over but recreation remained. Since its beginning, Silver Lake has been a resort recreation spot, a thriving and growing community, home to inventors, a great place to live and much more.
New Village Hall Office HoursEffective Monday, May 23, 2016, the Village Hall office hours will be Monday thru Friday, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, or, by appointment calling (262) 889-4308.
- The Silver Lake Board of Trustees hold regular board meetings on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month at 7:00 pm at the Village Hall.
Community Library "Slide Into Family Story Time" Summer Hours
- Wednesdays at Schmalfeldt Park in Silver Lake from 10:30 am to 11:00 am (weather permitting)
- Dates in July: July 6, 13, 20 & 27
- Dates in August: August 3 & 10
- Anyone with questions, please contact Anna Pauls, Head of Youth Services @ 262-843-3348 or by email: email@example.com
Paul Ryan Mobile Office
- Wednesday, August 24th from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
Medication Collection Program
- Unwanted or expired prescription and over-the-counter medications will be collected at the Silver Lake Village Hall. Please note - NO needles, sharps or syringes.
Save the Date
- Sunday, July 24th, 2016 from 4p to 6p - Concert in the Park - music by Roxx
- Saturday, August 13, 2016 beginning at 2p - Summer Beats in Schmalfeldt Park (Railroad Street). There will be carnival game(s), food vendor(s), face painting, climbing wall, bounce house(s) ... and ... FIREWORKS