About the Village of Silver Lake
Silver Lake most likely received its name from the Native Americans in the area because they considered the lake a shimmering pool of water. Later after the railroad arrived in 1886, the community became a summer spot for tourists and had a thriving ice business in the winter months. With electricity the ice business was over but recreation remained. Since its beginning, Silver Lake has been a resort recreation spot, a thriving and growing community, home to inventors, a great place to live and much more.
New Village Hall Office Hours
Effective Monday, May 23, 2016, the Village Hall office hours will be Monday thru Friday, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, or, by appointment calling (262) 889-4308.
- The Silver Lake Board of Trustees hold regular board meetings on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month at 7:00 pm at the Village Hall.
Community Library ”Slide Into Family Story Time” Summer Hours
- Wednesdays at Schmalfeldt Park in Silver Lake from 10:30 am to 11:00 am (weather permitting)
- Dates in June: June 8, 15, 22 & 29
- Dates in July: July 6, 13, 20 & 27
- Dates in August: August 3 & 10
- Anyone with questions, please contact Anna Pauls, Head of Youth Services @ 262-843-3348 or by email: email@example.com
Village Wide Rummage Sale
- The Village Wide Rummage Sale is June 3, 4 & 5. A map and index of the sales will be available at Scully’s Silver Lake Grill & Harm’s Silver Lake Auto. Any questions, contact Andy Lorentz @ (262) 206-6954 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org Creating a Village that works and plays together!
Paul Ryan Mobile Office
- Wednesday, June 22nd from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 24th from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
Medication Collection Program
- Unwanted or expired prescription and over-the-counter medications will be collected at the Silver Lake Village Hall. Please note – NO needles, sharps or syringes.
Notice of Property Assessment and Revaluation
The Village of Silver Lake has retained the services of Associated Appraisal Consultants, Inc. to complete a revaluation of all taxable property for the 2016 assessment year. The Village has acquired their services as of January 1, 2016 (our previous assessor was Accurate Appraisal). On January 4, 2016, Associated Appraisal staff started their work in the Village. All staff members will carry a letter of introduction from the Village, a photo ID, and drive a red vehicle displaying the Associated Appraisal company name. Property owners should have received a letter from Associated Appraisal regarding this process (click on “letter” to open a link). We also have a link to a “Notice of Property Assessment and Revaluation” that you can click on to get more information on the revaluation process. Thank you to everyone for your cooperation during this process.
In regards to garbage and recycling, please note that tires and automotive/marine batteries will no longer be picked up. You need to make arrangements (pickup and payment) with Advanced Disposal directly for white goods or appliances (charges may apply).
If you are moving to another residence, please remember that the garbage and recycling carts stay with the house — they are assigned to the addresses. Please do not take them with you. Garbage and recycling carts are the property of Advanced Disposal, our garbage/recycling hauler. Thank you.